The prevalence of HIV/AIDS in Cambodia is among highest of the countries in Asia. We advocate for community action against HIV/AIDS, bringing together health center and community personnel to work together and to focus on HIV/AIDS prevention and support
Volunteers work with the local staff and are encouraged to introduce new ideas and activities. Depending on the needs of the organization, volunteers also help with creating marketing materials as well as administrative and operational work like basic website maintenance and report writing.
- Flexibility to participate in many different tasks.
- Creativity and initiative in an environment with limited resources.
- Education or professional experience in a public health or HIV/AIDS related field preferred but not required.
Phnom Penh is also a good base for trips through the country as it is very central. Bus tickets to nearby locations are readily available for purchase at your guesthouse, departing to many different locations in Cambodia and neighboring countries at many times throughout the day. These tickets are generally very inexpensive and can range between $8-$12. Common destinations include Angkor Wat and Siem Reap (5-6 hours), the beaches of Sihanoukville (four hours), Kampot (3 hours), and Battambang (5-6 hours).
More About Phnom Penh (what to do, sightseeing, exploring)
Start Dates: Every first and third Monday of the month
Minimum Stay: 2 weeks
Duration: 2-24 weeks
Accommodation: Volunteer Guesthouse
- Pre-departure information
- Volunteer placement within one of our partner organizations
- Airport pick up
- Welcome package, which includes a volunteer guide and maps and dinner at a traditional Khmer restaurant
- Food and accommodations (3 meals a day)
- A fixed contact person from the program who regularly check in with you to ensure you are having an amazing experience
- 24 hour emergency contact
- One day orientation on Cambodian history, culture and language plus city tour
- Onsite Coordinator
What's Not Included
- Flights to/from Home
- Local transportation to and from project site
- International Medical Insurance
- Cambodia visa costs